I worked a full day today (from my bedroom...we'll see how long I think that's "wicked awesome"), while Rebecca went exploring to find food. She's now putting Ginny down to bed, and I'm unwinding on the couch.
Here are a few of my favorite things about this apartment:
- The grumpy old man next door. Think Jack Nicholson meets the guy from the "Who broke my window" commercial.
- Central radiator heating. Every few hours (even at night) the pipes make a whole bunch of clanking noises that are really loud. I googled "central radiator heating" and near the top of the list are two youtube videos on how to remove radiators.
- I went downstairs to the basement and there's a large iron cover of some sort on one of the walls that says "Patented 1914."
- We get to fight roaches again!
- The hardwood floors keep everything nice and quiet.
- The gas stove and oven that will probably explode upon our attempt at using them.
- A cupboard full of hard liquor (vodka, brandy, rum), another full of wine, and beer in the fridge. If I were a drinker, I would probably have a lot of respect for her collection.
But seriously folks, so far we are extremely happy with the place, especially since the first time we laid eyes on it was when we walked through the door yesterday. It's nicely decorated and in a great neighborhood.
And a special shout out to Dad, without whose help we would have failed miserably.
We'll try to post pictures soon.